Name___________________________ DOB _________ Spouse Name_______________________ DOB _________
Driver License # _______________ State ______ Driver License # _______________ State ______
Issue Date _________ Exp. Date _________ Issue Date _________ Exp. Date _________
NEW AND VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL PEOPLE FILING A RETURN
1. ____________________________ DOB _________ 4. ____________________________ DOB _________ DL___________ Issue______Exp.________
2. ____________________________ DOB _________ 4. ____________________________ DOB _________ DL___________ Issue______Exp.________
3. ____________________________ DOB _________ 4. ____________________________ DOB _________ DL___________ Issue______Exp.________
Cell Phone _____________________________ Home Phone _____________________________
1. The Name and telephone number to best reach you. This is imperative to completing the return in a timely manner.
2. All w-2's K-1's and 1099's - I know this sounds silly but make sure that you have all jobs that you have worked for the year. This also includes all investment income such as bank interest. This also includes dividends and capital gains that you have in stocks and all retirement income that was cashed in during the year. If you receive or pay alimony please have the amount recorded here as well. If you pay I will need the social security number of the recipient.
3. All 1098 statements - These are from banks that you have paid interest to. This includes student loans and mortgage payments. This also includes the 1098 T form that you will receive from college for you or your dependent. Many times you can call and get this info if it has been lost.
4. If you have any rental income or made any sale of property. This includes gas wells that pay you a royalty each year.
5. Charitable deductions for the year. These MUST be documented and records kept. This includes cash as well as non-cash contributions. Do not forget mileage spent doing charitable work.
6. If you are new to me I will also need a copy of your last year’s return. I like to check against this year’s to look for omissions and trends.
7. Unemployment benefits - you can get this off of the Job and Family services website.
8. If you are an educator - educator expenses. Please add up and give me the total. You do not need to bring the receipts to me but keep for your records.
9. HSA's, SEP's, Simples and IRA contributions as well as any travel more that 100 miles for reservists. If you do not know what the first three things are then you more than likely do not have them.
10. Medical Expenses if 10% of income, unreimbursed employee expenses, real estate taxes and sales tax paid, and Mortgage Insurance Premiums.
11. Tax Prep fees from last year and refinance of your home, (declaration sheet).
12. The amount of stimulus and advanced Child Tax Credits that you received this year. VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THIS INFORMATION.
Having this information will both make the tax preparation go smoother but also quicker. Thank you in advance and please call with any questions at 330-518-3204.